Bible Blog

Friday, March 23, 2007

Galatians 5:4

"You who want to be justified by the law have cut yourselves off from Christ; you have fallen away from grace."

I've been reading a book about grace recently and it has been phenomenal. I'd never realised before how much I didn't really get grace. I haven't managed to change my fundamental ways of thinking yet, they are so deep routed, but I'm really excited about the possibility that I might finally understand Christian joy as more than a vague, slightly comical concept.

2 Comments:

  • Hello darling, will you be recommending the book? (I guess you need to finish it in order to make a full proclamation!).

    Which makes me think, how about a blog post with some of your book recommendations - Christian or otherwise - that you have been reading?

    Ruthina

    By Blogger Ruth, at 5:13 AM  

  • Hello my dear.
    Anything for you! This book is called Finding Joy by Marcus Honeysett - published by IVP. As you say, I can't make a whole hearted recommendation until I've finished it but so far I am finding it very refreshing and easy reading.
    Most books get onto my book blog once I've finished them but there are a number of Christian books that I think are excellent but that I haven't managed to finish...so I shall try to post about them soon! Remind me...
    xxx

    By Blogger AdventuringJen, at 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home